TweakUIX 0 Free Download and offline installer for Windows 7, 8, 10, 11. Software that helps users tweak the Windows system to change the user interface for the operating system.
Overview of TweakUIX (Customize some settings of your operating system)
Tweak UI is a small tool that allows you to customize some settings of your operating system. The user interface is rather simple and easy to use, consisting of a standard window and several commands. This will be my first attempt to recreate a part of the classic at that time ubiquitous Tweak UI app featuring the classic look.
Tweak UI was part of Windows XP PowerToys and one of the most known Windows PowerToys to tweak the User Interface (UI). With this tool you are able to change settings, which aren't reachable within Windows. Since the release of Windows 95, Microsoft has made available a set of "PowerToys", which is a suite of extra little utilities that Microsoft feels power users would appreciate. Now, after about 25 years, Microsoft has resurrected PowerToys for Windows 10 and Windows 11. But my favorite tool is still missing...
TweakUIX 0.16.120 (Build 211):
- Initial release
- Resorting trees in classic Tweak UI style
- Added tweak to Remove Windows 11 system requirements watermark
- The template approach has been branded to Tweakomatic (Um, please don't sue me @microsoft! I'm pretty much the master of renaming..., but now back on topic. Tweakomatic was in 2004 a sort of enhancement for Tweak UI. TweakUI lets you configure Windows to look and act the way you want it to, Tweakomatic templates let you run predefined tweaks/scripts with just a click on local computers, the classic one could also run them remote because these were WMI scripts).
- Added some features to pipeline, e.g. Scriptomatic
- Improved handling of switching between content panels/forms (due to the replication of the original Tweak UI look I still have to get used to the "classic" Winforms. There are still some areas that need to be improved..)
- Added some doubleBufferd propertys to protect controls from flickering
- Improved memory usage
- ... locating other 43 bugs in code, patching, getting 71 bugs and fixing them again...Ugh!!!