Free Download FreeFileSync 12 offline installer for Windows. A folder comparison and synchronization software that creates and manages backup copies of all your important files.
Overview of FreeFileSync (A folder comparison and synchronization software)
FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization software that creates and manages backup copies of all your important files. Instead of copying every file every time, FreeFileSync determines the differences between a source and a target folder and transfers only the minimum amount of data needed. FreeFileSync is Open Source software, available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Features of FreeFileSync
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders
- Copy locked files (Volume Shadow Copy Service)
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Binary file comparison
- Full support for Symbolic Links
- Automate sync as a batch job
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse)
- Copy NTFS security permissions
- Support long path names > 260 characters
- Fail-safe file copy
- Cross-platform: Windows/Linux
- Expand environment variables like %USERPROFILE%
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks)
- Native 64-bit support
- Keep versions of deleted/updated files
- Optimal sync sequence prevents disc space bottlenecks
- Full Unicode support
- Highly optimized performance
- Include/exclude files via filter
- Local and portable installation
- Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32
- Use macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups
- Case sensitive synchronization
- Built-in locking serializes multiple jobs running against the same network share.
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Free Hard Disk Space: 100 MB or more.