7-Zip 23 Free Download and offline installer for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11. A file archiver featuring a high compression ratio to extract or create compressed files in multiple formats.
Overview of 7-Zip (File archiver for Windows)
7-Zip is a file archiver featuring a high compression ratio to extract or create compressed files in multiple formats. 7-Zip is completely free, open-source software with open source under the GNU LGPL license. Usually, 7-Zip compresses to 7z format 30-70% better than to zip format. High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression.
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR.
- Unpacking only: 7z, ZIP, RAR, GZIP, GZ, BZIP2, BZ2, TAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, LHA, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB, CPIO, DMG, FAT, HFS, LZMA, NTFS, SPLIT, SWM, TAZ, TBZ, TBZ2, TGZ, TPZ, VHD, XAR, XZ, Z and NSIS.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip. Self-extracting capability for 7z format. Integration with Windows Shell. Powerful File Manager. Localizations for 70 languages.
7-Zip has AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats, self-extracting capability for 7z format, integration with Windows Shell, a File Manager, a command-line version, and even features plug-ins.
Features of 7-Zip:
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 90 languages
- 7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix.