Free Download WinToUSB 7 offline installer for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11. Install and run the Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive.
Overview of WinToUSB (Install and run Windows operating system from USB)
WinToUSB (also known as Windows To USB) is the best free Windows To Go Creator software that allows you to install and run a fully functional Windows operating system on an external hard drive or USB flash drive. WinToUSB supports users to install and run Windows operating system on USB or USB flash drive through using Windows ISO image or from CD/DVD drive. The requirement is that you need a USB connected to the computer with a capacity of 4 - 8 GB or higher enough to store the capacity of an operating system, you can use 2 ways to install windows: from an existing ISO or accessing from your computer's DVD/CD drive. You also need to determine the correct USB with the installation file in case the computer is connected to many different USBs.
With just a few simple installation steps, WinToUSB can help you create Windows 10/8/7 Portable directly from ISO, WIM, ESD, SWM, VHD, VHDX files or from CD/DVD drive, or you even have You can clone directly from the current version of Windows on your computer (Windows 7 or later) onto a USB drive as a portable version of Windows.
Features of WinToUSB:
- The wizard will guide you step-by-step to create a Windows To Go USB drive easily.
- Create Windows To Go directly from ISO, WIM, ESD, SWM, VHD, VHDX files or CD/DVD drives.
- Clone (clone) the current version of Windows (Windows 10/8.1/8/7/2016/2012/2010/2008 R2) to a USB drive as a Windows To Go Workspace.
- Use the non-enterprise edition of Windows 10/8.1/8/7/2016/2012/2010/2008 R2 to create Windows To Go Workspace.
- Create Windows To Go on drives that are not Windows To Go certified.
- Support creating Windows To Go Workspace based on VHD/VHDX.
Create Windows installation USB:
- WinToUSB has a feature called Windows Installation USB Creator that allows users to create a Windows installation USB from an ISO file of Windows 10/8/7/Vista/2016/2012/2008. WinToUSB has a tutorial-style interface, so you can easily perform operations even if you have never created Win to install USB. To create the Windows installer on a USB or hard drive you need an ISO file or a CD or DVD containing the Windows installer.
Create a USB that can run Windows PE:
- WinToUSB also supports creating USB that can run Windows PE, it can help you transfer Windows PE content to USB drive and launch it.
- Windows 7 is not completely portable. You may have driver problems when booting on different computers, so highly recommend using Windows 10/8.1/8 to create portable Windows.
- Windows 7 does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows 7 will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port.
- The common USB flash drives are very slow. It takes a long time to install and run Windows from a common USB flash drive, highly recommend using a USB hard disk, a Windows To Go Certified Drives or a SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive to create portable Windows.
- Windows To Go drives can be booted on different computers, so you can carry it to anywhere and use it on any computer.
- You need to be an administrator on the computer you are installing the WinToUSB on.